Monday, October 8, 2007

At the Doctor's.

So, apparently one of my chest hairs decided to give me break and not make a showing on the surface, hoping it would make me look a bit less like Tom Selleck and more like the guys in the BOD commercials. In the process, it created a whole lot of mess underneath the skin and a minor surgery needed to be performed. On thursday, I went too see my doctor and a small incission was made which hurt as hell. I was told to come back on Saturday after taking some strong ass anti bio's which were to reduce the inflammation.
My appointment was for 10:00 am, and I showed up half an hour late, which translated into a 2 hour waiting room experience. Making eye contact for a second with the strange looking dude across from me and then looking away pretending I wasn't looking at him was my only amusement left after reading through a stack of WebMD magazines. At 12:32, my name was called out and I entered the doctor's office. They took my blood pressure, pulse and weighed me again.
I was whole 4 pounds lighter since Thursday. A perfect occasion to say something funny!
Nurse: " You are 209, that's 4 pounds less than thursday night!"
Me: " Yeah, I hooked up with Jenny Craig last night. Four pounds in one night, I really like her program!"
Me (Silent) :" I am sooooooo funny, hahahahahaha."
Nurse : " Yeah.....please have a seat. I'll be right back."
She came back carrying a toolbox of scalpels, needles and various poking instruments. I guess I am done with comedy. When you get this kind of feedback, you're pretty much out.
Half an hour later, I walked out bandaged up and in pain, but y'all don't worry! I'm gonna be OK.

2 comments:

Snezana Zabic said...

Let me go out on the limb here: people don't find jokes about moderately thin people funny, even if the moderately thin person is poking fun at himself. It's either fat jokes or anorexia jokes. The middle is just not funny to them. Sorry you had to find that out the hard way! Get well soon!

Biciklista said...

I see.
Maybe that's why no one laughed at my 4-pack jokes. Lovehandles are not funny either by the same logic.
Thank you so much.