Thursday, October 11, 2007

Chain Letters!

I just received one of them chain e-mails from a colleague at work (yessssss). It had to do with some picture of what he called "God's eye" taken by the Hubble telescope out there in the vastness of our universe. It is supposed to change my day around (for better I hope) and eventually make an impact on my life so I shouldn't keep this e-mail and need to pass it onto 7 more people. Great, if you're reading this blog you have one chain letter coming your way.
Now, in some respectable companies this kind of e-mail would not be allowed, but neither would blogging so I'll take the chain letter.
What I am getting at is that for me chain letters lost their credibility and intrigue once the copiers and especially e-mails started being utilized for their distribution. In the old days, you had to hand write the letter, put it in the 7 or 107 envelopes, lick them envelopes and put the proper stampage on there. That shows real belief and desire to have your life improved or risk doom by not passing the letter on. Copy and Paste just seems too convenient.

No comments: